Re: [OM] Lens tests - can I help?

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens tests - can I help?
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 07:15:19 +0000
Lately there has been some dicussion about the quality of various Zuiko
lenses, also compared to other brands.

I know that one of the German photo magazines, Color Foto, announces that
you can order the detailed test from the test results they bring. During
the years they have tested at least the following Zuiko lenses: 18 mm (test
winner) 21/2, 28/2, 35/2, 35-80 zoom, 90 macro, 135/2.8, 180/2.8 and
350/2.8.

I also have a test from an English magazine that tested the 21/3.5, 24/2.8,
50/1.8, 50/2 macro, 85 and 200/4 lenses about 5 years ago. They liked all
lenses except the 200 mm, which they found to be poor value for the money.

I also have a few American tests, including the 100 mm/2 and the 35-70/3.6.

I would like to help the list if I can, but I have little knowledge of what
is already on various sites. All this might be covered already. If you
think I can be of any help on this subject, please contact me.

Lars

You can _buy_ tests from the site http://www.f22.co.uk which I think is the site of Oltimer Cameras in the UK. But the content of the tests is a little difficult to discern - at first glance.

Chris

~~~~~ ><>