Re: [OM] Interesting item on eBay web site item#252885791: OLYMPUS OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Interesting item on eBay web site item#252885791: OLYMPUS OM4 35MM BODY WOW <<LOOK>>
From: John Pendley <jpendley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 20:48:52 -0500

John A. Lind wrote:

> You could set yourself up for some legal problems if you interfere with his
> auction sending notes to bidders and cannot *prove* (to the satisfaction of
> a California court which has jurisdiction for eBay) he is playing games.
> Sending a note telling someone he's a "slug" with his auction tactics is
> libelous if you cannot prove the facts.

Unfortunately, I agree.  It would also be potentially dangerous to interfere
with his business by warning his bidders.  As lax as eBay has been on this, I
think they are the ones to handle it.  Maybe you could write them instead.  If
enough of us let it be known that the guy is unethical, and that we're
disappointed in eBay for allowing it, they might be moved to act.