Re: [OM] Vivitar series 1 28-105 varifocal

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar series 1 28-105 varifocal
From: Charles Packard <packardc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 17:26:19 -0600
I can't say for sure who made it or when. Probably Kiron in the early to
mid-eighties. I don't know why it is a varifocal lens, possibly to make
it faster to use. Is it any good? I bought mine in the spring of
eighty-seven (1987) and it has been one of my favorite zooms to use. A
fairly fast zoom f/2.8~3.8 and used it for informal portraits and once a
wedding. Everything came out great and with an eight bladed aperture the
bokeh is nice. If you want a more rigorous analysis of the lens, check
out Gary Reese's Len's Test Page: