[OM] Finally went and played with the free 75-150 Zuiko

Subject: [OM] Finally went and played with the free 75-150 Zuiko
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 10:01:25 -0800
Yesterday my Fiancee' (Lena) and I went to spend the day walking around
Point Lobos (a nature photographer's paradise made famous by Ed Weston
just south of Carmel, CA). This is a special area for us becuase I
proposed to her on the top of Whaler's Knoll so we try to get back as
often as we can on days we have freedom from the kids.

I remembered that had this free Zuiko 75-150 lens I had been meaning to
take out and try. I got a wein cell batter for the old OM1 and took it
along with this lens just to play around with. This was a bit on the
nostalgic side for me since I did a huge amount of my early work
learning photography there at Point Lobos with the very same OM1 body
back in the early 1970s. It took a bit of doing to remember to not lean
on "Auto" as I so often do with my OM2S. It was so nice to just go and
shoot for no special reason, and to recall why I adore OMs so much.

I need to take a look at the negs more closely with a loope but they
looked really good at a glance. (I shot some ISO 400 "snapshot" film cuz
I am out of Provia from last season and have not stocked up yet for this
year.) The verdict is yes, I think I can use and do like the 75-150 as
many here told me I would, and my old OM1 still seems to work flawlessly
and the meter seems pretty accurate with the 1.35v wein cell battery.

Was a good day. Was also interesting to see several guys shooting with
view cameras at Weston Beach.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
www.motorsportvisions.com

PS: Lena played with her new Stylus Epic I gave her for her birthday a
week ago and the results from it are amazing for such a small and simple
little camera! Highly recommended!