Re: [OM] Best choice for a Zuiko Windfall

Subject: Re: [OM] Best choice for a Zuiko Windfall
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 06:18:07 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Jan Steinman wrote:

[About the hardware quest]
> >I'm looking at three possible purchases:
> >
> >1) Tokina or Tamron 300/2.8...
> >
> >2) Zuiko 35-80/2.8 - would fill the gap I currently have between 38
> >and 100...
>
> The ONLY pro I see to buying any NEW Olympus gear is to show support
> for the system, but I wouldn't hold out hope of it having much
> effect, or even being appreciated.

   The only pro there is to having any camera gear is to
 use it to make photographs. The acquisition of hardware
 is so intimately tied to one's personal methodology that
 I see no way to advise on this. For example, I like zooms
 for one particular reason, but find them insufferably slow
 for street-shooting. I mean slow-handling, as well as slow
 speed-wise. For other things (specially when there's enough
 light to push the aperture to f/11 or so) the right zoom
 can be a delight.
                                   *= Doris Fang =*