RE: [OM] Flash and wide angle lenses

Subject: RE: [OM] Flash and wide angle lenses
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 22:59:57 -0500
John,
Your 283will cover a35mm as standard.  You will need the Wide Angle Kit to
cover to 28mm.
There is also an adapter to cover to 21mm.
Vivitar 4600, 5200 and 5600 will cover 28mm with the high power heads, 35mm
with standard head.
The only flashes that cover 24mm as standard are the Q310 and T32.
The Sunpak 422D covers 28mm, but the 433D covers only 35, so you have to
read the specs.

Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx

According to the B + H website, the 24mm / f 2.8 and 28mm / f 2.8 Zuiko
lenses have angles of vision of 84 degrees and 75 degrees respectively.

I am wondering what the angle of illumination might be for some of the more
popular "serious amateur" flash guns. I assume that pro flash equipment
accomodates wider angles of illumination than does everyday off the shelf
flash guns.

In particular, I have a Vivitar 283 which works fine with my 50mm and 35mm
lenses but I have yet to try it with my 24mm and 28mm Zuiko lenses.