[OM] Superia Reala not superior

Subject: [OM] Superia Reala not superior
From: Joseph <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 13:23:50 -0800 (PST)
=======================
I think this means that here in Europe Fuji have possibly dropped Superia
and replaced it with Reala, at least for iso 100 speed film.
=======================

No, it means they are replacing Reala with Superia Reala as was done
in the US.  there is still Superia 100 as well.

==================
The OLD superia and Realla were differnt films as far as I know so if the
Superia you purchased does not have the word Realla on it is probably just
Superia.
==================

absolutely.  Superia 100 is the descendent of Super G+ 100 and
has nothingto do with Reala.  Superia Reala the descendent of Reala,
and is named Superia because it uses the same technology for
finer grain that Superia 100 uses.

imho, Fuji ruined Reala when they re-made it as Superia Reala.
it now has finer grain, but hotter contrast, more like a
consumer film now.  it is lower in contrast than Superia 100,
but not by nearly as much as the original Reala was.

The best C-41 film on the market today for overall image quality is
Konica Impresa 50.

Joseph