Re: [OM] sick OM2SP etc.

Subject: Re: [OM] sick OM2SP etc.
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 12:56:20 -0600
If it were me, I'd send it to a place like Camtech or Photosphere in the
USA for an estimate. If you want to *know* -- one way or the other --
that's the way to find out.  The camera sounds like it's dirty and abused.
I probably wouldn't send it for an estimate if I weren't also prepared to
spend the full amount for CLA as long as it is going to be in the shop.

The light seals are pretty easy to do. John H. has a step-by-step at
http://www.zuiko.com.

The 2-series screens and Beatties are both bright. My recollection is that
some people like one or the other better, but I don't think it has been
established that one is actually brighter than the other.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA