Re: [OM] handheld spot meter

Subject: Re: [OM] handheld spot meter
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 22:36:22 EST

> The spot meter in the OM-2S/4T is really more of a zone
>  meter than a spot meter.

Well this sort of depends on the lens you have on the camera. If you're
shooting a 1000mm (2.5 deg. on the diagonal) then the Soligor becomes almost
an averaging meter, 300f the scene.  If you're shooting the 18mm then you
would be metering a very small part of the scene.

I posted a query on rec.photo about whether or not there exists a camera
smaller than the OM4 that I could use as a spotmeter for medium and large
format, whereby I could transfer readings from the smaller camera used a a
spotmeter and also take snapshots with it.  Nobody could think of any other
than the OM2000, which is lighter than the OM4.

What focal length lens would make a 1 degree spotmeter? A 200/5 or 75-150 at
the long end would come out just about right.

Warren