[OM] future of OM

Subject: [OM] future of OM
From: Joseph <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 13:31:23 -0800 (PST)
===================
Stealth system
When Dave Willard of Olympus America introduced me to the OM system, he
commented that the system had become the industry's "best-kept secret."
===================

this fashion photographer did use the system and do a reveiw on it
but also keep in mind he was loaned al the Om equipment on Olympus
america's VIP program.  If someone gave me a pair of OM-4T's a
21/2, 35-80/2.8 and 100/2 to go out shooting with for free,
I'd be happy to write a review of it for Photo Techniques too,
and I bet the guy got paid a little for that article as well.

there is no question that unless Olympus does a digital camera
with OM mount, the system will die eventually.  It is no different
from minolta MD mount or canon FD mount in that regard.  Lenses
and OM-4T and OM-3T cameras will be repairable for a long time,
10 years after discontinuation in the US, and so Olympus' pricing
strategies to prolong the life of remaining stock are very good
news for those of us that just want to see what we currently own
remain serviceable.

joseph