[OM] auto multi-flash (was fill-flash question)

Subject: [OM] auto multi-flash (was fill-flash question)
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 16:55:47 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, John Hermanson wrote:

> If you're shooting in low/no light and want to "paint" with the flash, the
> 2/2N will do it.
[snip]
> This was done with an OM-2 on a tripod, camera set to auto, lens set to f8,
> T32 off camera, no cord, set to high regular auto.  I used the flash test
> button and just kept firing from numerous angles until the shutter closed.
> The film was Kodachrome 25.

I've done that myself, too (with a -2sp).   If you "waste" a frame first
by using the lowest flash power and count the number of flashes before
the shutter closes, you can then experiment with lighting ratios - two
flashes from here, another one from there, one from above... etc.  You
could also control lighting ratio by varying the flash-subject distance
for different flashes.  I intend to try all this sometime soon with that
newly-acquired macro lens & some K64 I have in the fridge.

Doesn't help with the original fill-flash problem though, hence the
change of subject (for once ;))

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |