Re: [OM] fill flash question

Subject: Re: [OM] fill flash question
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 09:42:52 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Rand E. wrote:

> Ian,
>   The camera will respond to the strobe flash and "try" to control
> exposure in that in TTL it will assume that it can send a quench signal
> to the flash and it will quench the remainder of the flash.  But
> remember, you have put a non dedicated flash on the camera so the camera
> signal goes unanswered and flash will go on it's independent way.  All
> this is assuming that the camera conditions called for an exposure of
> 1/60 second or more so it would trigger the flash in the first place.
> Rand E.

Rand,

My experience (with a pair of -2sp bodies) differs.  With a
non-dedicated flash in the shoe (Sunpak auto 30SR in my case) it will
not be triggered at all with the camera in auto exposure mode, not even
with exposure times longer than 1/60 s.  Perhaps this was changed on
later models.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |