Re: [OM] OM4/flash shoe 'stop'

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4/flash shoe 'stop'
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 08:10:43 -0600 (CST)
I know that up until this weekend, I always just slid my flash in as
far as it would go, tightened it down (optional) and shot. Now it
suddenly slides 1/4" too far in. Since my shoe 4 for my OM-1n has a
stop, I'm assuming there must have been some sort of stop.

BBB

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000 11:38:50 +0100, JEZ.CUNNINGHAM@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Are you sure you lost something?  I never had this 'stop' on my OM4 and
>always thought it was a poor design (excuse blasphemy).
>
>    Barry B. Bean wrote:
>    I have somehow lost or broken the stop at the front of my OM-4T flash
>    shoe - the part that keeps the flash in proper position over the
>    contacts. While I can still use my flash unit by very carefully
>    mounting it and locking it down as tight as possible, this is far
>    from an ideal solution.  Is this user-repairable? Any suggestions?
>
>Jez

-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel
bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx