Re: [OM] Re: Galen Rowell And His Films

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Galen Rowell And His Films
From: John Pendley <jpendley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 09:30:05 -0500

> Enjoy his work, if you will; just ignore his opinions. It's the same
> dilemma one has with Wagner and his anti-Semitism, isn't it?
> les clark / edgewater, new jersey / usa

Hi, Les,
Good analogy, except that I can't even enjoy Wagner's music.  Die
Meistersinger and parts of Tristan are notable exceptions.  Otherwise, I
subscribe to the view of a man named Nye.  I know nothing of him except
that he seems to have been a contempary of Twain.  Anyway, he said, "I am
told that Wagner's music is better than it sounds."  Choice.
John