Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1382

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1382
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 22:43:34 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, george wrote:

> OK, but what does it gain him to bring that up in an article published in
> the year 2000?  What is it's relevancy?

  In an article on slide film, it delineates the origins of Ektachrome
as opposed to Kodachrome (the only film in history to be designed and
created by artists). That was my impression. I say this because I
have mentioned this very fact when lecturing.

> In the same article he slammed Kodak for (paraphrasing from memory) "doing
> nothing about environmental problems of silver-based photography
> (specifically Kodachrome chemistry I think) until they were forced into it."
> **Excuse me** Galen, is this the corporate exception or the rule? And  Galen
> himself, of course, was a big customer of Kodak in those days, using nothing
> but Kodachrome II and Kodachrome 25 until sometime in the eighties.  What

  I can tell you're er..."impressed" with GR. I have no interest in
defending him...did not mean to get in the middle of this.
                                 Exiting stage left,
                                   *= Doris Fang =*