[OM] Solicitation for BIG Images!

Subject: [OM] Solicitation for BIG Images!
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 10:17:47 -0800
After numerous sleepless nights and sending VISA my entire financial biography in order for a massive credit limit upgrade, Bytesmiths has purchased the award-winning Roland Hi-Fi Jet 50" archival fine-art printer. <http://www.hifijet.com>

I am planning to do limited edition fine art printing for myself and selected other artists, and would like to solicit for interesting high-resolution work you might have done. At this point, I'm only interested in accurate 35mm panoramas of at least four frames, or medium format or larger.

However, while that business is ramping up, I'll be offering print-for-pay to the general public at $80 per running foot of 50" fine-art watercolor media. This seems to be considerably lower than what Iris shops are charging, but a bit more than what the average sign shop (who don't have fine art experience or archival equipment) is charging.

SPECIAL: for OM-list members only, I'll print your digital work for $4 per running inch of 50"-wide Concorde 100otton Rag. That's $48 per running foot, or $11.52 per square foot -- below the lowest price found by Digital Graphics Magazine in their survey of 40 sign making shops across the country.

This substrate has been tested to have a lifetime in excess of 120 years, longer than traditional photographic paper:

   <http://www.apaatlanta.com/media/APA-Wilhelm_01_22_00.pdf>

This is the preferred substrate for the fine-art, limited edition market, but I can also provide quotes for other supported media, such as a lovely back-lit material, a silky polyester fabric, clear PET film, artists' canvas, plus the usual variety of sign-maker's vinyl, Tyvek, PVC, and paper. (Basically, I need to see enough business to justify buying a roll of substrate. :-) See Roland's media specs at:

   <http://www.rolanddga.com/products/printers/hifijet/piezo-media.asp>

This offer is for print-ready work -- I'll provide an estimate for any pre-press I think is required. Exception: free tiling-to-width of the same image, otherwise, lay out your work to make the best use of the 50" width. Shipping and handling is extra. ("Handling" is basically my cost of a shipping tube and interleaving tissue.)

I reserve the right to withdraw this offer if I'm able to make my printer payments from what I REALLY want to be doing. :-)

I hope you'll forgive this commercial intrusion -- I thought this would be of particular interest to this group. Please send queries and/or flames to me, NOT the list. I'll go back to being a normal list member now. :-)

: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Bytesmiths <http://www.bytesmiths.com>