[OM] Lens mount adapters: Do they exist for the OM system?

Subject: [OM] Lens mount adapters: Do they exist for the OM system?
From: Dogbreath <hopi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 09:42:54 -0600 (CST)
Hi.

I've been exploring adapters as a way to use some of the stray lenses I
have that belong to other systems. I realize that things like mount to
film-plane distance and mount diameter would have a real bearing on this,
but I don't know the specifics. Canon makes adapters that allow one to
mount a Nikon lens on a Canon body, and I have spoken to someone who is
fond of using his Zuiko lenses on his Canon body. Any/all aperture coupling
is, of course, lost, but I think I could work with that. Here's what my
somewhat simple scientific mind deduces from all this: If the adapter
itself increases the mount to film-plane distance even a millimeter or so,
and you hope to retain infinity focus, the adapted lens would have to come
from a system whose FP-M (Film-Plane to Mount) distance was greater than
that of the system employing the adapter. In only that way could the
additional spacing of the adapter *not* disrupt infinity focus, yes? Now,
having said that, perhaps I should assume that there are no mount adapters
for OM 'cause, as I just described, the FP-M for Canon and Nikon must be
less than OM. Am I way off? I'm told that Novoflex makes adapters for
everything. Perhaps I should take this up with them.

In any case, I ask all of you simply: Are you or have you ever used an
adapter which permitted you to mount a lens belonging to another system? If
yes, which system and was infinity focus affected?

Thanks!

DB