[OM] Selling Non-zuiko, etc.

Subject: [OM] Selling Non-zuiko, etc.
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 09:30:09 -0600
Ok, here's my first stab at what I have that is non-Zuiko that I want to
sell.  All lenses except a winder at the bottom of the list. They're almost
all in almost perfect condition.  I've noted the ones that are less than
perfect in the details.  None of these are worth a much, I realize that.

This email has two purposes. I'd love suggestions on the value of these
items.  I would also accept offers for them before I put them up on ebay,
probably on Tuesday.  Let me know what you think.  You can write me
privately at tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'll get to the 'real stuff', i.e. Olympus, after our vacation

The links are to photos of each piece (taken with my Kodak DC265 digial,
which sure comes in handy).

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Kalimar 35-105 f/3.5 - Small and compact, excellent condition, push-pull
one-touch.  A little bigger than the Zuiko 35-70. There are no marks or
brassing, the optics look very clear with no hazing or fungus.  Includes a
Kalimar 58mm UV filter and the Kalimar lens cap.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=210378&a=1663320&p=15746036&Sequence=0
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=210378&a=1663320&p=15746038&Sequence=0

Promaster Spectrum 7 Auto Teleconverter 2X MC - Fairly generic 2X
teleconverter.  Excellent condition, clean optics.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=210378&a=1663320&p=15747742&Sequence=0
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=210378&a=1663320&p=15747744&Sequence=0

Quantary 28 f/2.8 with Hoya 62mm Skylight and lens cap and case - all in
excellent condition, except slight dust on the elements. I've owned this one
since it was new in the late 70's and been surprisingly pleased with the
results. It is a little big, but not too big.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=210378&a=1663320&p=15747794&Sequence=0
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=210378&a=1663320&p=15747795&Sequence=0

Star D 500 f/8 Mirror lens - This is a surprisingly compact 500 mirror.
It's in excellent condition, no brassing.  It's a fixed f8. Got this from
the PI, so its history must be interesting.  If I can't get much for it, I
might keep it, just for curiosity sake. Never know when you need to take
pictures from a long distance, haha.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=210378&a=1663320&p=15747981&Sequence=0
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=210378&a=1663320&p=15747982&Sequence=0

Star D 28 f/2.8 - Good shape, but has a ding in the filter ring.  Clear
optics.  Not worth much, but a decent backup for a second kit.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=210378&a=1663320&p=15747916&Sequence=0
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=210378&a=1663320&p=15747916&Sequence=0

Vivitar 75-205 f/3.8 - two touch zoom - Overall in good shape, no brassing,
no wear, but there is deterioration of the coating on the front lens
element.  According to the seller, this doesn't cause problems with the
quality of the photos, but I'll sell it pretty cheap because of this.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=210378&a=1663320&p=15748066&Sequence=0
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=210378&a=1663320&p=15748067&Sequence=0
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=210378&a=1663320&p=15748069&Sequence=0

Vivitar 85-205 f/3.8 - two touch zoom - This one is in excellent shape, no
brassing, clear glass with very minor scratches.  Built in hood.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=210378&a=1663320&p=15750242&Sequence=0
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=210378&a=1663320&p=15750244&Sequence=0

Prorokinon 80-210 f/4.5-5.6 One-touch Zoom with Macro - very small, very
compact, excellent shape, no brassing, clear glass, lightweight.  A
surprisingly nice little lens.  Much smaller than any other lens in this
range I've seen.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=210378&a=1663320&p=15750396&Sequence=0
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=210378&a=1663320&p=15750395&Sequence=0

Generic Winder for OM - If I wasn't flush with Winders and Motor Drives, I
might keep this. It's very light weight, in plastic rather than metal.
Supports both single and continuous.  Comparable to the Winder 2, but
lighter.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=210378&a=1663320&p=15750075&Sequence=0
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=210378&a=1663320&p=15750077&Sequence=0
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=210378&a=1663320&p=15750079&Sequence=0