Re: [OM] contact lenses instead of glasses??

Subject: Re: [OM] contact lenses instead of glasses??
From: "John A. Prosper" <prosper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 16:03:43 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Dirk Wright wrote:

|>I preferred contacts to glasses.  However, I lucked out this past year
|>since my company's medical insurance cover laser-eye (LASIK) surgery.
|>Now with my new 20/15 vision I feel like I'm rediscovering photography
|>all over. ;-)
|
|wow, that's great. I don't think my insurance covers this. I know I
|can't afford cash.

Most companies don't support this type of surgery through their
medical insurance,although this will undoubtedly change in the future
as the technology matures and the demand increases.

My original vision was +9.x diopters, and my doctor informed me that I
had the best results of those in my "poor vision" class.  I accept my
results as blessings from above and definitely no less! :-)