[OM] Black Chrome

Subject: [OM] Black Chrome
From: "Frank Wijsmuller" <Wijsmuller.VanderBel@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 20:03:59 +0100
Wayne Harridge wrote:

> I read once that Leitz used a black chrome plating process for the Leicas
> starting with the M4.  Can anyone else confirm this ?

Don't no, but I once owned a Minolta XD-7 black (XD-11 in North
America), and I remember that it was mentioned a black chrome
proces developed in cooperation with Leica (the R4 was build on a
XD chasis or vice versa, like the R3 on a XE chassis, if I remember
correctly).

Anyway, it was very durable. But I have no experience with a OM-
4Ti Black (unfortunately ;-)

Greetings,

Frank Wijsmuller.