Re: [OM] Olympus 85/2

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus 85/2
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 23:36:21 EST
In a message dated 2000-01-28 11:05:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
WKato@xxxxxxx writes:

<< Are there two versions of this lens?  If so, what is the difference
between
 the two (5 elements in 4 groups vs. 6 elements in 5 groups)? Someone has
 offered me one at a reasonable price.

 Warren

I know of at least 2 versions--the first is a SC 6 element design with the
silver nose when the OM 1 was first introduced! The last was a 5 element MC
design with a black nose. I had the first, which was nice but did not match
the "liquid" look of the 100F2.0. Cannot comment on the second.

Alex