Re: [OM] Black vs Chrome/Titanium WAS: OM-2S question

Subject: Re: [OM] Black vs Chrome/Titanium WAS: OM-2S question
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 01:25:13 +0100
Yo Glen Lowry,

on Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:27:50 -0800, you wrote:

>First off the correct spelling is colour.  I'm not sure where folks are
>getting this color business from.  Next the colonials'll be spelling it
>honor and humor.

Right. All three examples you gave are correct, according to my Webster's.
The variants with the "u" are given as "chiefly British variants", so at
least they are not completely wrong. :-)  (though they sure look odd)

>Secondly, being an anti-collection gear acquistor (no u)

But may be one more i? ;-)))

>, I'm happy to
>see the the "glass case" cats go into fits.  Too many good guitars end
>up silent in the cold collectors' hands; too many leicas polished well
>past perfection.

Hm, what's wrong about putting your OMs in a glass cabinet? I've been
thinking about getting one to put my collection in to serve as a pleasure to
the eye - that is, of course, only when I'm not using them. :-)

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--
Volkhart Baumgaertner     email: kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx