Re: [OM] lens comparisons : apologies to Doris!

Subject: Re: [OM] lens comparisons : apologies to Doris!
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 09:11:13 EST
>Ahem, the better the so-called score, the higher the market for
Zuikos; to
>my recollection, we want that glass for OURselves, no?....

While I think that the limited number of people who buy new equipment
do consider absolute lens performance when choosing a system, it is
only part of the big picture. I'm not a pro, but that market depends on
so many other things that lens quality is not at the top of the list.
I'm not about to give up on my Olympus gear just because the lenses
didn't beat Leica on a MTF test, I can't afford even the best Olympus
lenses anyway, so the whole issue is moot to me. I'm just running what
I brung.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright