RE: [OM] My name is Tom....and I'm a Zuikoholic....(LONG)

Subject: RE: [OM] My name is Tom....and I'm a Zuikoholic....(LONG)
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 13:33:48 +0100
Tom,

You must be a sick man (yes, Zuikoholism _is_ a disease)!!!

Even for a Zuikoholic, this is beyond what I have ever seen. You just single
handedly bought more gear in two weeks, than the rest off the listmembers
acquire together over the length of a year!!!

Seriously though: I missed out on your initial posts containing the
rationale for your OM shopping spree, but it certainly looks like you've got
some serious cash to burn on this... Whereas normally the early stage of
Zuikoholism tends to manifest itself only by continuously admiring the
lenses until a greenish glow indoctrinates you and gets you to buy more,
more, MORE, you seem to have skipped this step altogether and directly went
for the juggular.

Either way, I noticed you've also "bled the waters", and the Zuiko-sharks
are circling...:

> OM-4T    - probably sell at least a 4T
> OM-4T

Consider keeping both the 4Ts and sell some of the other bodies (unless
you're starting a collection).

> 35-70 f3.6
> 35-70 f4            - sell the f4?

Yes.

> 18 f3.5        - may be on the block

Hmmmm, interesting, but undoubtedly way out of my league...

> 28 f2
> 28 f2.8        - Probably keep the 2 and 2.8, sell the 3.5?
> 28 f3.5

Keep the F2, sell the others.

> 300 f4.5    - against my own wishes, probably sell the 300

Reconsider this. Unless you paid way too much for it. This is a very, very
fine lens.

> Motor Drive 1        - Sell the MD1 and probably an MD2

Oooooooh, now it's getting really interesting! Being a Zuiko-shark myself, I
want to have a "bite" at the MD2 if you're going to sell it!

> Recordata Back 2        - Sell the 2, keep the 4
> Recordata Back 4

Yes.

> Tom----I am a Zuikoholic

...and there ain't no cure for the Zuiko-buying-blues!

Cheers!
Olafo