Re: [OM] OM-2S question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S question
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 16:22:44 -0600
At 01:29 PM 1/26/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks, Joel.  I can't say I prefer either, except that I prefer something
>durable.  I was brought up on Leicas, and theis black doesn't chip off.  The
>champagne is paint, too, isn't it?  Now being a hater of everready cases
>(they're ever ready to get in my way; and I like the feel of the camera in my
>hands), how do I protect these finishes?
>John

Yes, I think the champagne finish is paint.  And the titanium surface is
tough to paint.  I guess you have to be very very careful to protect the
finish.  I'm not a good one to ask.  Mine are kind of gnarly. :-(  I think
the cameras that look best over time are the chrome ones, like the OM-1s
and OM-2s.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA