Re: [OM] Travels to Turkey

Subject: Re: [OM] Travels to Turkey
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 17:34:46 +0100
Yo ,

on Tue, 25 Jan 2000 13:28:26 EST, Warren wrote:

>When I was in Turkey many years ago, it was sort of a dry place with no
>wildlife that I could recall. But tons of scenery, which would require wide
>angles.  Unless you're the type to take scenery with 300's I don't know what
>I would use it for.
>Don't miss Cappadocia with the weird houses carved out of sandstone and the
>underground cities that go 7 stories below ground level.near Konya (I don't
>have an atlas handy but 20 year old memories.)  Also further west is Pamukale
>whose pastel terraced pools are 20 times as large as the terraces in
>Yellowstone.

I was there on a vacation about 10 or 11 years ago. Besides the landscape,
there are lots of picturesque old buildings, fortresses, etc.. I
particularly remember a very impressing Roman amphitheatre in the region,
though I can't recall the name of the town. For some of them, a tele might
come in handy to catch certain details, IMHO.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--
Volkhart Baumgaertner     email: kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx