Re: [OM] Travels to Turkey

Subject: Re: [OM] Travels to Turkey
From: Barks <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 07:13:32 +0000

> I *have* to take my cameras since I understand there
>  >is a lot to photograph, but do I take scenery lenses or telephoto?  I
>  >think that I shall leave behind possible duplicates such as 85/2 and
>  >135/3.5 (i.e. take only one).  Also I shall not take my 200/4, but my
>  >300/4.5 instead.  Has anyone been to Turkey who can offer me
>  >advice/exhortation?

When I was in Turkey many years ago, it was sort of a dry place with no
wildlife that I could recall. But tons of scenery, which would require wide
angles.  Unless you're the type to take scenery with 300's I don't know what
I would use it for.
Don't miss Cappadocia with the weird houses carved out of sandstone and the
underground cities that go 7 stories below ground level.near Konya (I don't
have an atlas handy but 20 year old memories.)  Also further west is Pamukale
whose pastel terraced pools are 20 times as large as the terraces in
Yellowstone.

Warren thanks

I am starting to reconsider the 300/4.5. Perhaps I buy myself a nice little 135/2.8 and leave the 135/3.5 behind - I've always needed one.

Chris

~~~~~ ><>
Chris Barker
mailto:cmib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx