[OM] 24mm f2

Subject: [OM] 24mm f2
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 21:26:35 -0800
Giles writes:

<< Any chance you tested a dud 24mm f2?  One with a reversed or out of
alignment element or such. >>

I have tests of two different lens samples.  Both show waveform
distortion.  It takes the form of a line (the upper border of my map)
which flares outwards in the corners of the frame and the center of the
frame.  At 1/4th and 3/4ths distance along that line (i.e., 1/2-way from
center to each corner) the line bows inwards to the center of the
slide.  Just like a wave on the sea, albeit a slight yet noticable one.
For you math or electronics gurus, think of a sine wave with three peaks
and two troughs. Susie confirmed it for me, so it's not just my eye.

Anyone note how two-toned titanium (or silver) colored tops and
black-toned bodies are getting all the rage in budget 35mm autofocusing
SLR's.  Can anyone think of a two tone camera prior to the OM-4T
Champagne?  We are going retro and Olympus was ahead of the trend.  The
Champagne is currently of lesser market value than an all black OM-4T
and OM-4Ti, but how long might that hold?

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV