[OM] Help! Olympus 35SP repair?

Subject: [OM] Help! Olympus 35SP repair?
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 15:53:43 EST
Hi Folks,

      The gentleman below, needs some help getting his 35SP repaired. If
anyone can help, please post him a private response.

Thanks,

Alex

Subj:    [Leica] OT: Olympus Repair
Date:   2000-01-25 3:06:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
From:   art@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Art Leyenberger)
Sender: owner-leica-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To: leica-users-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Friends:
My father got me started in photography when I was a teenager. I used to
tag  along with him and watch him
use his Exakta, Schneider macro, and assorted paraphenalia to do mushrooms
and wildflowers. Eventually,
  he bought me my first 35mm camera, an Olympus 35SP. He's gone now but I
still have the Olympus and would like to get it repaired so I can use it.
I've tried 2 different repair places and each time was told that "parts
were unavailable".

Anyone know of a reputable Olympus repair person who can do this job for
me? Would it help if I bought another
one for parts?

I know this is off topic and I wouldn't normally ask, but the resources
here are incredible and this is important to me.
thanks.
.....Art