Re: [OM] Tokina 17mm & ATX 50-250

Subject: Re: [OM] Tokina 17mm & ATX 50-250
From: GPaul64@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 21:45:58 EST
In a message dated Tue, 25 Jan 2000  7:43:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> The
> 50 - 250 ATX has an interesting range and can be used in Macro throughout
> the range (barrel shows the various magnifications as you zoom in/out). Are
> these two worth keeping and/or does anyone have any experience with either
> of them?
>
> Thanks
> Barry

 Hello Barry,

I have seen old Modern Photography test results for this lens and it fared very
well, if I recall.  I also had occasion to examine one once for myself and was
impressed with the build quality.  Functionally, it appeared very similar to
the 50-250 zuiko, especially in the way it zooms out to increase focal length,
and also in the way the internal elements recede into the lens barrel with
increasing focal length.  Interestingly, the acclaimed 100-300mm Zeiss zomm
operates the same way.

I would hold on to the Tokina.

Regards,

Greg Logiodice