Re: [OM] Tamron Adaptall vs. Adaptall2

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron Adaptall vs. Adaptall2
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 10:06:06 -0800
Hi Gregg:

<< I just purchased the Tamron 90 mm SP macro and need an adapter for
it.
What is the advantage of the Adaptall2?  Do both adapters work or does
one have more functions? >>

The original Adaptall was for a much older offering of lenses.  SP
lenses use Adaptall 2.

You would be best off getting a new Tamron Adaptall 2 OM adapter.  I'd
pass on paying more than $31-34, least the retailer to get too high a
markup. If you buy a used one (typically in the low $20's), sight
unseen, you run the risk of getting an early model without offset
screws.  It will sheer off the rubber plug on the lens mount of the late
OM bodies.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV