Re: [OM] Tamron Adaptall vs. Adaptall2

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron Adaptall vs. Adaptall2
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 11:31:02 EST

> I just purchased the Tamron 90 mm SP macro and need an adapter for it.
>  What is the advantage of the Adaptall2?  Do both adapters work or does
>  one have more functions?
>
>  Thanks in advance,

I have one of the older Adaptalls and one of the first Tamron zooms, a huge
and heavy 38-100 (a transition lens between Pentax screw thread and Olympus
for me). This Tamron has the manual/auto diaphragm switch on the lens itself
so the mount adapter does not have a aperture stop down button.  The later
Tarmron lens and mounts moved the stop down function to the lens adapter.  I
think the later adapter (Adaptall 2) will work with all Tamron adaptalls (but
not adaptamatic, which was an earlier system).  I also think that all SP
Tamrons do not have a manual/auto button on the lens so you have to use the
Adaptall 2 mounts.

Warren