Re: [OM] Squeaky straps on packs

Subject: Re: [OM] Squeaky straps on packs
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 10:33:11 -0500 (EST)

---------------------------------->
> This is what I have come up with. We choose to use the plastic clips for
> the lightness and the durability. The D-ring must be metal to insure the
> strength of it and the load it carries. We could eliminate the squeak if
> we were to use another material such as a nylon clip. But nylon
> stretches and therefore cannot be used.

  Aha ! This explains why I'm not hearing squeaks. My huge old Lowepro
does not use clips to attach the shoulder strap to the D rings. The
strap itself runs through it. This is also true for my mammoth and
medium-sized Tamracs, and the Tenbas as well (even the small). Only
some of my small bags and an old Orvis fishing bag that I use for Nikon
transport use the clips, and no squeaks there so far. Plus several use
metal-to-D ring clips, with no problem WRT corrosion. At least I now know
what makes the squeaks.
                                  *= Doris Fang =*