Re: [OM] Questions for the group

Subject: Re: [OM] Questions for the group
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 08:12:30 -0500 (EST)

  It has been interesting to read the listmembers' ideas about
a "lens kit". George's and Gary's 15+ monumental lens kits
do cover the field, but one needs an assistant (and perhaps
an SUV) to ferry the stuff. Zuikoholics are shameless !
                                            *********
 [Of course, this commentary's coming from someone who has 20+ lenses for
the OM, 18 being OMs...but hey, there's some multiples, and I'm not
advocating a do-as-I-do paradigm. Waiting on another lens for my OMs]

  John Gettis took a saner approach with only 9 lenses, and Alex is to be
commended for creating a lens kit that anyone could carry without
developing an asymmetrical clavicle [Aka Nikon-shoulder]. I mean, a
ONE lens kit ? Borders on heresy...or wisdom.

  Assembling a kit is a really personal thing, and some people seem to
work happily under tremendous loads, while others would rather travel
light. My kit often reads like something out of Gary's "Don't go
there kit" in Alex-sized arrays :-). I guess a few of us have perverse
tastes for black-sheep OM glassware, but we're in good company.

  IMO, it's a case of the right tools for YOU. Funny, one often sees
amateurs huffing and puffing at Disneyworld, dodging postmodern
mouseketeers under creaking bagfuls of stuff, while some pros go
and fill National Geographic articles with reams of great pics carrying
3-4 lenses. Go figure.

                                        *= Doris Fang =*