Re: [OM] ............. manual flash..........

Subject: Re: [OM] ............. manual flash..........
From: Barks <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 07:19:39 +0000
Dear friends.......
I use a Metz 32CT7 on my OM4Ti......

The other day I took pics of Christmas celeb in my church..... I went to the
back of the church where there was a balcony offering a look-down view of
the sanctuary..... I shot with flash on "MAN".....

Days later, the printer said this was 'over'........

I used 'MAN" cos I thot the distance was too far....... from where I was ,
it was about 30 (thirty ! ) meters to the pulpit.......Film was Kodak 400
colour..........

Question, when and under what circumstances do U use the "man' button on the
flash ?

Peace
TMLee

You surely have to calculate the aperture from the GN, film speed and flash-to-subject distance (assuming same as lens-to-subject). I sometimes go full manual thinking that the Auto system will not give a full burst at maximum range, but there is no reason for it not to be the same.

Chris

~~~~~ ><>
Chris Barker
mailto:cmib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx