Re: [OM] Considering switch to Oly

Subject: Re: [OM] Considering switch to Oly
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 21:57:54 EST
Hi John,

    I'll send you some more stuff offline on Konica M lenses.  But to get
back to the point, rather than directly argue why you should switch to the
Oly, I'll simply state the high points of why I choose the Olympus as one of
my main systems:

      *     WORLD CLASS LENSES--without which all else is moot.  The 3
            I am especially fond of are the 21F3.5, 28F3.5 and 100F2.0.
            The latter is unique in that it focuses to almost 2 feet, allowing
            "eyes only" portraits and part time macro, is extremely sharp,
             and has the best "bokeh" of any lens in my collection. While my
             OM fifties are very good (1.4 + 2 x 1.8s), I still plan to add
the
             OM 50F2.0 macro (which is as highly regarded as the 50 Summicron)
             and the 50F1.2 (also highly regarded).

      *     The OM4/4T cameras have the best combined features of any
             camera known to me--extremely quiet shutter, multi spot metering,
             mirror lock up w/aperture prefire, and small/low key/unobtrusive
             appearance make this a superb urban street/Jazz club/people/
             travel/stage camera.

      *     The only major weakness--lack of APO lenses in the 180-400 range
             is offset by the availability of the Tamron 180F2.5, 80-200F2.8
and
             400F4.0 LD lenses in adaptall mount for OM.

Alex

In a message dated 2000-01-21 8:57:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,