[OM] Re:OT Polarizers (was Linear polarizer & OTF)

Subject: [OM] Re:OT Polarizers (was Linear polarizer & OTF)
From: Frank Ernens <fgernens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 14:35:58 +1100
Tim Hughes wrote

> evidently the (in)famous Feynman
> lectures on Physics refer to the fact that you can do a test on youself to
> demonstrate polarization detection.

Where? Vol I talks about Polaroid, birefrigence, optically active
molecules, cellophane (remember that? more environmentally friendly
than plastic and doesn't suffocate pets), the Brewster effect and even
corn syrup. Vol II has some of the maths, and Vol III the quantum stuff.
I haven't read the books right through, but this seems to be a cybermyth.