Re: [OM] Nashville and B&W

Subject: Re: [OM] Nashville and B&W
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 20 Jan 2000 10:12:01 +1000
Terry and Tracey <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the
'Net and spake thusly:

> There is a chance I'll be in Nashville in mid March. I may be going to a
> conference thingy to present some papers.  Where do I go to get a T28
> complete setup duty free?

With the liberalization of duty laws in Oz, almost any camera store
can do duty free sales.  But you only get $400 duty free, which ain't
much when buying OM gear.

> Also, I took a roll of B&W in for developing. I don't have enlargers etc. So
> the first place said $30, the second $20. Wow.

Those prices mirror my experience.  About 6 pacific peso for
developing, and 80 cents a print, for b+w.

So shoot T400CN.  Costs the same as colour.  Or just develop the negs,
and scan 'em (which is what I did before the darkroom bug bit).

cjb

--
| Christopher Biggs --- Stallion Technolgoies  | One of the founding membata,|
| Evil Genius Division, Brisbane, Q, Australia | Society for Creative Pluri. |