[OM] Re: ADITL Censoring

Subject: [OM] Re: ADITL Censoring
From: wiliam.wagenaar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 09:09:42 +0100

Olaf Greeve wrote:
-----
>Regarding monitoring the comments: as I'm hosting the next installment of
>ADITL, I'm effectively god & master of what makes it there and what doesn't.
>I don't like the idea of censorship, and didn't really plan on doing any of
>that. However, I think you're right that unconstructive comments like that
>(provided they're left there anonymously) only cause grieve and do not
>contribute to the friendly atmosphere that surrounds the event. Therefore,
>I'll monitor the comments a bit, and if I see anonymous comments of this
>nature, I'll simply delete them. Nevertheless, if someone wants to leave
>more or less unconstructive comments like this, and they do leave their
>address/name with it, I shall investigate to see whether the person in
>question really made that remark, or whether someone pretends to be someone
>else. If necessary, I can then delete some of these comments if the person
>in whose name the comments have been left consent to that.
-----

Wouldn't it be an idea to make it impossible to leave a remark without leaving
one's mail address? Sounds to me you know your way around CGI-scripts very well.
Maybe it is even possible to programm a routine to find out if the given address
is correct?

Thanks for you effort on ADITL 3. I haven't shot anything interesting however.
Good luck getting Hans bak on board.

Wiliam Wagenaar
Middelburg, the Netherlands.