[OM] Question on OM-4 Auto Mode and Spot Metering...

Subject: [OM] Question on OM-4 Auto Mode and Spot Metering...
From: Marc Attinasi <budgie@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 21:02:38 -0800
I have recently traded in my trusty 2s for an OM-4 and I am curious
about how the automatic exposure works with multiple-spot metering (or
single spot for that matter). Since the 2s did spot-metering in manual
only I never thought about it.

My question is: if I make some spot-meter readings in auto mode does it
do the OTF exposure management (for slow shutter, that is) and if so,
what parts of the scene does it base the exposure on? I cannot imaging
how it can use the actual points I originally recorded...  For faster
shutter speeds I would imagine it just uses the shutter-speed indicated
in the viewfinder just before the exposure, like it does for non-spot
auto (correct?).

Thanks Fellow List Inhabitants for any help in understanding this,
- marc

ps. If anyone has an OM-4 manual I can borrow to copy and post on the
web please let me know... Or if there is already on posted I don;t know
where it is. The Oly Docs site at http://www.heier.com doesn't have it
(yet), only the 4T.