Re: [OM] Presidential Lies

Subject: Re: [OM] Presidential Lies
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 18:48:55 +0100
Denton Taylor wrote:

> Many may disagree with me but again most Americans saw
> it as a which hunt. Clinton has been continually under investigation so
> some may say where there's smoke there's fire but the things he's been
> investigated for are fairly trivial and blown out of proportion. Let the
> investigators vote for campaign finance reform if they want real change.

As a non American and an foreign observer, I would say this: Money!
I hope I am not stepping on someone's toes and make anyone bitter (if I do,
please have mercy), but you Americans are sometimes a little too focused on
money
and the success of making money.
Now, in the Clinton-Lewinsky case there have been a lot of dollars to be made.
Let's look at a few who would like to make some profit:

First, of course, we have the lawyers. Mr. Starr especially have earned (or
whatever I should call it) some good profit on this. I am too quite sure some of
Starr's colleagues have applauding this show as well.
Note, that Mr. President too have lawyers and I of course they have got some
too.

The second part in this case is Ms. Lewinsky herself. As far as I know
(correction welcome) she has not earned too much of this, in fact I heard the
opposite. Nonetheless she have written (with or without help) a book about this
and went to the capitol of Sweden, Stockholm, some months ago to promote the
book, pose for the press, make interviews in the newspapers and the television.
Apparently she should get some bucks out of this in the end...

There are also people behind this book. I am talking about the publisher and the
people who would in any way make benefit by a release of a book.

The television loves this crazy spectacular kind of shows (remember the O.J.
Simpson show a few years ago?). Profit? Very likely indeed.

To sum up, there are a few who would get some nice bucks out of this. Why else
try to make this as if it was the most important thing in Mr. President's life?
After all, it was no risk of the national security or any other risk. This was
something between the Clinton's and Ms. Lewinsky.
Mr. President Clinton should be ashamed, so should Ms. Lewinsky, that's where it
should have ended I think.

--
Regards/
  Ingemar Uvhagen