Re: [OM] vivitar 2x macro teleconvertor

Subject: Re: [OM] vivitar 2x macro teleconvertor
From: Frank van Lindert <franklin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 21:45:26 +0100
On Tue, 11 Jan 2000 16:17:47 +0000 (GMT), "Ian A. Nichols"
<I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Frank van Lindert wrote:
>
>> Yes, you got it definitely cheap. Hopefully the shop owner thought it
>> was a normal doubler, for then both of you will be equally pleased ;-)
>
>Actually, he seemed to know exactly what it was, or at least how it
>worked.  I didn't - I was just browsing and thought "that looks
>interesting" and wound up buying it.  One day I'll try using it with a
>50/1.8 for some slightly macro shots.

Slightly macro? This converter gives you a 100/3.6 macro lens which
can be focused between infinity and about 16 cm object-to-lens
distance - giving life-size pictures there! - and the quality is
rather good.
I don't know if it has been made in different versions, but mine is
multi-coated and in many cases I can live with the loss of sharpness
from center to corner, albeit noticeable.
Enjoy it!

Frank.