Re: [OM] XA

Subject: Re: [OM] XA
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 14:21:25 -0600
Well, a fellow listmember has offered me the opportunity to try his XA.  I
thank him and will definitely take him up on the offer.

What I wonder is if the XA is a fine matchup with TRI-X?  Since this
camera's lens seems pretty sharp at F8-11 and the vignetting is manageable
at those aperatures I can imagine this camera being pretty much permanently
installed with TRI-X.  Actually, a little vignetting with B&W film is ok
with me.  It helps the edges of the prints a little.  So this lens only has
a four-leaf iris?  How is flare with this lens?

Is battery consumption with the XA pretty good?  My major gripe with the
newer P&S cameras is that they suck on batteries like breathmints.

Ken (Go "Stars and Stripes") Norton