Re: [OM] Back Foam instructions

Subject: Re: [OM] Back Foam instructions
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 08:23:00 -0500
Thanks, John!  I do have one question though.  How does one apply a thin
layer of Pliobond in a narrow groove without dripping it and or making a
general mess?  Do you dip a toothpick into the bottle and use that as an
applicator or do you have some other trick?

I've never used Pliobond but my general experience using rubber or
contact cements is that they start setting immediately and you end up
with long messy threads stretching from the bottle to the applicator to
the workpiece.  Perhaps Pliobond is different in this respect?

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA

If help is needed, I have posted instructions for installing back foam
on my
website (address below).  This is the first version which I will
probably be
modifying over time so it is as helpful as possible.

John