[OM] Off-brand zooms for OM

Subject: [OM] Off-brand zooms for OM
From: "Robert E. Woodburn" <woodburn@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 17:22:01 +0000
Hi OM'ers -

Have any of you had any experience with the Zeiss 28-80 f4 zoom for OM?
If so, how would you evaluate it?

I saw one recently on an auction site (no sale - reserve not met).

I have a Tokina AT-X 28-85 f3.5-4.5, which, when I bought it in 1982,
appeared from published test reports to be the best in the 28-80/85
range. Don't know how the Zeiss would compare; I don't recall ever
seeing the Zeiss zoom advertised, let alone reviewed. Could it be that
it was never marketed in the U.S.?

Bob Woodburn
Houston