Re: [OM] rangefinders

Subject: Re: [OM] rangefinders
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 18:00:03 EST
In a message dated 2000-01-06 5:37:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pfranklin@xxxxxxxx writes:

<< Ken,

 I have a XA4 Macro.  I bought new in 1985 and it is my camera of choice
 for a pocket camera.  It has the Zuiko 28/3.5 lens and it certainly does
 a fine jobe in just about any situation (especially outdoors since the
 add on flash is pretty weak for what I'm used to).  I have many slides
 from it and I can't tell the difference between these and stuff shot by
 the 28mm lens on the SLR body.  It's just about as handy as any camera
 can be. Focusing has never been a problem.  It uses a little slider.
 It's a great camera to take along on hikes or when you really don't want
 to carry much stuff.

 Phillip Franklin

The XA4 with 28mm lens is indeed a nice camera--but it has severe barrel
distortion!  This may ultimately be correctable digitally though.

Alex