Re: [OM] ES-10 film scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] ES-10 film scanner
From: Emil Pozar <emil.pozar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 08:52:48 +0100

>     What have been your experiences with the ES-10?  My main interest
> is two-fold.  First, its from Olympus and I love my om-1 and om-4 so
> adding another Olympus component would be great.  Second, and probably
> most important, the ES-10 is the lowest priced scanner out there.

I have one. Teamed with the latest version of scanning software it
produces decent results. The most problematic were contrasty slides
(night scenes, against the sun..), when there is so much light
"streaking" that those are mostly unusable.

Non SCSI model (e.g. parallel) is slow too.

The software is immature. It lacks a memory setting, for example. All
corrections made in one session (or one type of film) cannot be
memorized and you have to pass all that again.

Not really recommended. Buy if you are really short of money. There are
better scanners around. Lack of an improved software obviously means
Olympus lost all hope at the ES10.

Finally, as for the results, all photos at my home site (see bellow for
the address) are made with the ES10.

--
Regards,

Emil Pozar