[OM] [OT] Thanks to whomever it was...

Subject: [OM] [OT] Thanks to whomever it was...
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 08:00:15 -0500
Thanks to whomever it was that mentioned Brad's Collectibles
(http://www.usedphoto.com)
I went to the site to look at the list of used Oly gear and just
happened to click on the "As-Is" category.  Staring me in the face was
an ad for a Petri-7s for $5.00.  Stated to be in rough condition but
with a working light meter.

The Petri-7s was my first camera, purchased in spring of 1963.  In 1964
I left it in the trunk of a car in mid-summer San Antonio, Texas heat
and ever since then the meter hasn't worked.  Now I have a replacement
meter and will try to install it in my camera which is cosmetically
perfect.  As a bonus, the camera from Brad's is a later serial # and has
an ASA dial that goes up to 400 instead of the 200 max of my own
camera.  Ironically, since Brad's is in San Antonio, the replacement
meter is coming from the same place that the original died some 36 years
ago. <g>

The Petri-7s is a very simple rangefinder camera with silicon sensor
surrounding the lens.  Mine, at least, has a very sharp 45mm f/2.8 and a
little sentimental value which is why I'd like to get it working again
(on the cheap).  The silicon sensors of the cameras seem to have
significantly different max voltages so I may have to play with resistor
values a bit.  I may also destroy both cameras in the process... but I'm
having fun.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA