Re: [OM] Re: the 'Sharpest'

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: the 'Sharpest'
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 12:51:08 -0800
====Except that that phrase is meaningless--"the sharpest pictures
possible"--because it is not definable. =====

I meant with the available OM equipment and the chosen film
in the typical users camera.  Whatever the shooter chooses.

====Technique can be taken to fairly extreme lengths. For instance, ground
vibration is measurable. Do you propose to take your pictures in a place
where ground vibration is minimized, or do you intend to damp it?====

Yeah, but I wasn't being so extreme in my evaluation.
We went through this a while ago to the point of shutter shudder
and boulder camera supports.

====It's better just to take pictures, improving your technique when and
where you can, and not worry about it otherwise. Most people who pursue
these exercises in "best possible" techniques never raise their level
very far. Ask me--we get portfolios from them all the time. <s>====

--Mike====

Right on, I was mearly following the thought about the OM2000 in general
and noted that the OM2000 raised the level of apparent lens performance
over the OM1.

I would not give up my OM1 except for an OM3 but I would suggest
the OM 2000 or OM 4  if I was trying to get the best results
for scenics and landscapes (for instance).  Less camera shake
do to mirror and aperture prefire.

Charlie L.