Re: [OM] Analog thoughts

Subject: Re: [OM] Analog thoughts
From: "Dirk and Carla Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 18:54:39 +0000
>While the Olympus Digital C-2500 didn't show up under the tree, I found the

>following in Wired to cheer me up:
>http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,33244,00.html

yeah, that's an interesting article. I see no reason to abandon film. What
with all those batteries from digital cameras filling up the landfills, film
cameras seem relatively benign. And this is the first time I've heard the
term "analog" used for film cameras. It's a correct usage of the term, just
new to me. It makes me wish that as much intensive effort went into analog
music reproduction as has gone into film technology. I wonder if the defense
industrial use of film technology was one of the drivers for improved
cameras and film? I don't think there was much of a defense application for
analog LP's, was there? I know a lot of the interest in digital cameras is
the "gee whiz" factor. I was heartened to see a 10 or 11 year old boy with
his father at the camera shop today. The boy had his father's old Canon FT
and was buying accessories for it. That boy is going to learn real
photography, which is really great.

>I did get a large glossy photo book of the Mojave Desert by Dykinga though.

>Digital may never catch up with 4x5.

or 8x10, or 11x14, etc.

>Hope you all had a Happy Holiday and wishing you an even happier New
(False)
>Millenium.

We may get bombed on the mall, what with all the terrorists running around
passing out beers..... <g>

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright